Monday, January 26, 2009

One of my favorite posts from a fellow book-blogger....

This has to be one of my favorite posts from a fellow book-blogger, because I swear my husband and I have had this same conversation, verbatim, right down to the extra floor supports. This from Bookdwarf, who is much better at this whole blogging thing than I am.

Get Rid of Books? Pshaw!

I think Mr. Bookdwarf expects to die under a pile of the many many books I bring home each week. I can see it now, coming home to find him under that pile of fiction that I swear I'm going to get to read one of these days. Or perhaps it will be one of the cats, swerving too close to the piles during their daily prancing. You would think that reading this article in the NYT about purging your book collection would inspire me. Not so! My collection does not need to lose 50 pounds, rather it needs to tone itself some more (excuse the weight analogy, but it sprang to mind). For every book I get remove, I probably add back two or three. It's getting to be a dangerous habit. Mr. Bookdwarf says that we will have to add some support to the floor of our second floor apartment if we keep going this way—okay, if I keep going this way. One day perhaps I will do a large purge, but for now, I'll just keep being creative, getting new bookcases and dreaming of a world where I can actually find the time to read all these books.

No comments:

Post a Comment